Tuesday, April 26, 2016

V is for Vivisection

One of the issues with the completed mitten is that the outer thumb is not long enough to accommodate the inner thumb. My strategy to solve this vexing problem is to chop open the top, rip back to before the thumb decreases, put it back on needles and knit it up with fresh yarn until it's long enough.

I'm waiting until I've finished the second mitten to actually attempt this, so there are no pictures yet.

I may also chop the top of the inner mitten main body and knit it longer, because there's almost half an inch of space between its top and the top of the outer mitten, but we'll see; maybe that can be fixed with blocking instead of the more violent proposed mad surgery.

1 comment:

  1. Violent mad surgery is rarely the right answer; however, it's often the most interesting. And makes for the best blogging. Glad I found you through the A to Z Challenge.

    ~Eli@CoachDaddy (#878)